Please read the Terms and Conditions Carefully before applying for Capital Incentive
Terms & Conditions / Detailed Guidelines to be adhered by the Applicant:
1. For individual applicants only 1 KWp plants for residential purpose will be considered for a TamilNadu Government subsidy of Rs. 20,000/- per kWp
2. The subsidy can be availed only by domestic consumers with a TANGEDCO service connection under tariff LA-1A.
3. The subsidy scheme applies only to grid-connected rooftop solar PV systems comprising solar PV modules, rooftop support structure, solar grid inverter, cabling and protective devices. Grid-tie system only will be considered.
4. Solar power that is not consumed in the residential building can be exported to the TANGEDCO grid and will be eligible for solar net-metering. In solar net-metering the consumer pays for the net energy imported from the TANGEDCO grid (= energy imported from the grid minus energy exported to the grid). Exported energy will be credited up to a limit of 90% of the imported energy during a 12 months settlement period. To avail of solar net-metering the consumer needs to apply to TANGEDCO. For details the Tamil Nadu Consumer Guide for Solar Net-metering may be consulted. This consumer guide can be found here Tamil Nadu Consumer Guide for Solar Net-metering
5. Change of address:
The change of address shall not be allowed. If an applicant moves to a different address after the registration of an application, a new application with the new address details will have to be filed and application seniority of the old application will be cancelled.
6. Signed hard copiesafter on-line registrations must be sent to TEDA office in Chennai immediately. If the hard copy application is not received, the online registration shall be annulled. Seniority will be as per online submission date.
7. Applicants who do not make on-line applications will be given application seniority on the basis of the date of receipt of the hard copy application in TEDA’s Chennai office. These applications will be assigned seniority after the on-line applications received on that day.
8. TEDA will provide sanction letters for both online and offline applications. These sanction letters will be available on the website of TEDA for downloading by the applicants. The applicants can then check status, download workorder formats, sanction formats etc., by giving their Registration number. Sanction number will also be sent by sms/email.
9. List of Installer / Installers approved by TEDA with the price after shortlisting through tender process shall be displayed on the TEDA website. The applicant shall select one of the Installer from this list.
10. The inter-connection between the solar grid inverter and the building’s electrical distribution board for amaximum cable length of 25 m will be within the scope of the solar plant Installer. The cost of additional lengths of cable shall be borne by the applicant.
11. Approved cost by TEDA will be for flat roof installation only. If the roof is not flat and requires additional mounting structure then that will have to be separately borne by the applicant.
12. a. The applicant shall make payment of the solar PV system cost to the Installer excluding 30% Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) subsidy , Rs. 20,000 per kWp State Incentive.
b. The comprehensive maintenance charges(CMC) to be paid to the Installer is optional.
c. 30 % MNRE subsidy limited to 30% of MNRE bench mark cost or project cost, whichever is less
13. Under this scheme, no Generation Based Incentive(GBI) will be provided by the Government of TamilNadu.